My Veggie Dinner

I've been feeling the all out attacks of my fibromyalgia for the past few weeks now. So, I did what I always do. I researched about ways to cope. One blogger said that she tried eating only raw foods. She immediately felt the effects after 3 days. She was painless. The reason behind this is we digest raw food better, faster. Plus I think eating all these fruits and vegetables pack your body with vitamins and minerals. But they're not all raw. Some foods you can cook up to a certain degree of heat.

I was feeling very sick last Friday night and so I decided to try this diet. This is leftover mashed potatoes. I just reheated the corn, Dole brand (more on this later) and just put Caesar dressing and Parmesan cheese on top of the salad greens. You might think that this isn't filling at all but I was also surprised to find out that I was full at the end of the meal. I was actually satisfied.

And the result? I felt better the next day. Of course diet wasn't the cure alone. That night, I exercised a little, moving only the parts which hurt less. I also slept early. For people with fibromyalgia, exercise, diet and lots of rest are the key to recovering.

On the Dole corn. This costs P42 and comes vacuum packed. You only have to reheat it through boiling or microwave. I boiled it because I refuse to own a microwave. I know it's expensive for one corn but oh my.. It was soooo sweet! It was really sweet corn! It's the sweetest sweet corn I've ever tasted in my entire life. So, 10 points for Dole on that. I still have 2 left in the fridge.

Now this doesn't mean that I'm going vegetarian or I'll only be featuring raw diet dishes from now on. I'm simply giving you alternatives especially for people who are suffering from the same illnesses.

You'll still see "normal" dishes in the coming days.

Comments