Cheap Thrill of the Week: KFC Cheese Balls


So sorry for the long hiatus. My laptop, Coco, crashed. We had to look for another photo editor that is easy enough for me to use and is light enough for Coco. 

I'm also sorry to report that there were no exciting food adventures in Iligan. Everything was in fast forward mode. I didn't even realize that I already spent 3 days there. One morning I woke up and it was time to leave.  Did you guys participate in Earth Hour last Saturday? In Iligan it was more like Earth HOURS. There were 3-hour scheduled brownouts everyday from 6-9 pm or 9 pm-12 am. 

I'll be posting some of our pics in my other blog later so if you'd like to see them, feel free to hop on over.

Now we go to this week's cheap thrill. This should have been posted last Sunday but due to technical problems mentioned, I failed. This pic was taken using my phone that's why the low quality.

This is KFC's newest cheese snack which for the life of me, I cannot remember the exact name. These are mozzarella balls which have been coated with batter and deep fried. It costs P50 ala carte and P75 if you want some salsa and drink to go with it. Here's the salsa:

I didn't like the salsa at all. It tasted like Kraft's sundried tomato salad dressing. I'm 95% sure about that. Or maybe I'm wrong. I'm quite happy with the cheese balls and some ketchup, thank you very much.

I also have a theory on how to make these addicting cheese snacks. When budget permits one of these days, I'll try and make them. Mozzarella is just too expensive here. Any new finds this week? Share!

Comments