Steamed Shrimps

This dish didn’t quite turn out how I imagined it to be. First, I suck at butterflying shrimps. Second, I think I may have simplified the recipe too much and third, because MB and I are such suckers for sauce, I let the shrimps bathe in it instead of discarding it. Well, can you blame me? It’s Kikkoman, for crying out loud! It’s too expensive to discard!

Nevertheless, it was still delicious!

steamed shrimps, by bitsandtreats

You need:

chopped leeks both white and green parts
lots of minced garlic
Chinese cooking wine
sesame oil
soy sauce (preferably Kikkoman)
salt and pepper
prawns, if you can butterfly them, please teach me how!

In a bowl, combine leeks, garlic, wine, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and black pepper. Mix well. Arrange prawns in a heat-proof platter and pour the mixture little by little, making sure that each prawn is bathed well in sauce. Top with leeks and garlic. Steam until shrimps turn pink. Why do they say pink when in reality it’s orange?

Comments

  1. I waaannntttt~ XD


    It looks good and I'm sure it's good too, yes kikkoman is so expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment