Are you lonesome tonight?

I was all by my lonesome the other night having this for dinner:

crab and shrimps in coconut milk, by 240baon

MB was late for dinner and I was really starving so I started eating. I think I had dinner for more than 2 hours just because I enjoyed the crabs immensely. I haven’t touched the shrimps yet and there are still some leftovers so I’ll probably have this again for dinner. MB likes crabs but he doesn’t like getting into the nitty gritty of it so I had almost all the crabs to myself. Hooray!

First, you must boil the crabs in water with sea salt until they are done.

Pour one can of coconut milk in a pot and simmer. Add chopped garlic and onions and cook for about 1 minute. Add some bagoong. Yes, I add bagoong to my gata as my grandma taught me this. She’s Bicolana and that’s how she does her gata dishes. For this dish, I put 1 heaping tablespoon of sweet bagoong and 1 tablespoon of spicy bagoong. Mix. Add the cooked crabs. I already sliced my crabs into two as the other one was a monster crab. It was so big. It didn’t fit my kawali. I let this simmer for a while then finally added the shrimps.

I would have put some green chilis and malunggay but I was so exhausted the other day (from shopping) that I kinda forgot to get some when I did the groceries. 

Comments

  1. i am not really fond of seafoods except squid. hirap kase kainin eh. you have to endure peel-off efforts before you can taste it, unlike steaks, hotdogs, and burgers, the only effort you have to comnply is openning your mouth wide.

    but if a seafood entree is done by LadyE(does the letter E stand for Entree?), i might change my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dapat maghire ka ng taga balat ng hipon John Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes, i turned green with envy(not because i have imminent intimate belongingness need, i don't have that issue) of my friend who brought his girlfriend along when we were at a friend's wedding in Legend HongKong Seafood Resto in PICC, yung gf kase nya tagabalat ng hipon nya. do ko tuloy nakain yung hipon, crabs, and lobster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! ganun talaga! I was like that before with MB but I taught him how to peel shrimps using a spoon and fork so now he does all the work by himself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that means the next time(distant future) i will look for a gf, i should ask her kung marunong sya magbalat ng hipon? :)

    i like the title of this blog entry of yours. makes me sing and groove the Elvis way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment