Chocolate Heaven

chocolate heaven, by 240baon

This was MB’s birthday cake. It’s called Chocolate Heaven from Red Ribbon. This is the junior cake that costs Php395. It’s a very rich chocolate cake that chocoholics will surely love. They will really be in Chocolate Heaven after this.

chocolate heaven slice, by 240baon

The bottom layer is a whole brownie. The middle part is chocolate mousse and the icing is very thick chocolate topped with more chocolate shavings. I have to admit, it took us a few days to finish this small cake. One small slice is enough to satisfy your sweet tooth unless you have a really large tooth. = )

On my first taste, I started with the brownie first then the mousse. It made me umay! The trick is, you have to include all the layers in one bite as they all complement each other’s flavors. It was delicious nevertheless.

If you’re feeling blue or want to surprise someone, I suggest you get this cake and celebrate the little things that make you and your loved one happy.

Comments

  1. masarap ba? i only tried the black forest yata yun ng red ribbon, as i am not really the red ribbon type kase maraming tao always. for the cakes, i always go to Bizu Patisserie, or order them either on Chef Buddy(of Park Avenue Desserts) or Chef karen(of Karen's Kitchen).

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's a cheaper cake that i used to frequent at, name's Aunt Polly Classic Chocolate Cake at Shell's Select outlet in Magallanes/South Superhighway. pero pag wala akong pera, Fudgee Bar nalang ok na. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to taste a Bizu cake that will impress me. I'm sorry but that's the truth. I'm very pihikan when it comes to cakes. I'm not saying that red ribbon cakes are better. It's just that, MB likes the cakes there and it's his birthday. Maybe I'll drop by Bizu one of these days. The only thing I always buy at Bizu is their macarons. If you can suggest a place with really good macarons, I would appreciate it.

    Hindi ko napansin ung Aunt Polly cake sa Select

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was a long time ago na binili ko yung Aunt Polly. actually there were only two value-for money altnernative that time, Shoppersville cake at Katipunan and Aunt Polly at Shell Select. but that was like 5years ago, i think.

    i have tasted the Mango Cheesecake of Bizu, it was ok. maybe because i am so much into fruit that time. the rest of the cake went to the ex-gf.

    you can also check Park Avenue Desserts and Karens Kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll have a taste of that Mango Cheesecake from Bizu. Thanks John Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they have samplers naman ah, like small cakes for you to just try it. pero Bizu is not really that spectacular. i love Park Avenue Desserts more, highly recommended, the Quadruple Climax Cake. they also have macarons but i haven't tasted it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. All the cakes I've tasted are samplers. Nothing spectacular. Where is Park Avenue Desserts?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LadyE, they're at Pasay, near MRT station. http://www.parkavenuedesserts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoy E! Ano ba yan, ang sarap ng cake mo, wahahahaha!


    You should try the custard roll ng red ribbon, super sarap~

    I love Bizu's Ciabatta- off topic, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Masarap nga talaga ung cake! Thanks for the suggestion. I've been craving cake since John Ray told me about all those desserts.

    Oh, yes, Bizu's Ciabatta is the best! I stuff it with anything that comes to mind and eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @cafemobility: ang layo naman! Pasay pa! anything outside makati, malayo na sa akin. wahehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ladyE: MB can drive you there. it's just EDSA, then turn right before reaching Metropoint mall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks so chocolatey! :D my fave choco cake is the deep dark classic or death by tablea form Chocolat.. nomnomnom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cookiespink! Where is Chocolat?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment