Dinner in Bed

Yes, you read that right. MB is always on overtime so I am left with having dinner by my lonesome. Sometimes I eat with my mom and sister but there are times when I ‘m still asleep (afternoon nap) and they eat ahead so no choice but to dine alone.

This is what I cooked the other night:

tortellini with shrimps in tomato sauce

This is tortellini with shrimps in crushed tomato sauce. This is very simple and very quick to make.

You need tortellini (got mine from Bacchus), one can crushed tomatoes, garlic, onions, parsley, salt and pepper, brown sugar, nutmeg and oregano.

Cook tortellini according to package directions. While that’s cooking, finely chop some garlic and onions.

In a pan, put 3T of olive oil. Saute the garlic and onions. Add the deveined shrimps. Sprinkle a little sea salt. When the shrimps are almost  pink, add the crushed tomatoes. Season with sea salt and pepper, a dash of nutmeg and some dried oregano. Add about half a teaspoon of sugar just to cut the acidity. I always use brown sugar and not white. I only use white when it’s called for when baking. Taste, adjust seasonings if needed. Turn off the heat when the shrimps are cooked and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Stir in the cooked tortellini and you have yourself a delicious meal!

I also made some:
whole wheat farmer's bread with butter and parsley, by 240baon

This is whole wheat farmer’s bread slathered with butter and topped with chopped parsley. I put it in the oven for about 10 minutes on the lowest setting. Yeah, I ate all four slices. It was soooo delicious! I love bread. I can go on days without rice, just bread. I wanted to make some herbed butter but I got too lazy. Until now, I haven’t done that yet and I’m running out of butter.

So I ate these in bed with a glass of ice tea. Is it sick to eat this while watching Silence of the Lambs?

Comments