Stir Fried Ampalaya and Pampano

fried pampano, 240baon

This is fried pampano. I’m sorry, I don’t know the English term for pampano but it looks like a flat fish. I sliced the fish into small pieces then I seasoned the fish with salt and pepper and dredged it in cornstarch then fried it. The result were these wonderfully crisp pieces of fish. The sauce to accompany this is a combination of soy sauce, Pinakurat vinegar (or regular vinegar) with a bit of brown sugar. I got this idea from a Japanese cooking show. We ate this for dinner one night with this:

stir fried ampalaya, 240baon

This is stir fried ampalaya (bitter gourd). It has shrimps, garlic, onions, tomatoes and red bell peppers. It has about 1/4 cup of water and is seasoned with salt, pepper and Knorr seasoning. I think it also has a bit of Maggi Magic Sarap.

I love the fried fish but I loved this dish even more. I only know 2 ways to cook bitter gourd and that is with pinakbet or cooked with eggs. This is a great addition to my ampalaya repertoire. This combination of viands is also great for lunch boxes. I packed this for MB and sure enough, his lunch box was clean when he got home.

Comments