Mama’s Perfect Homemade Sardines

I love sardines but I don’t like the local ones. If you are a follower of this blog, you’d know that itty bit of information. The only sardines I eat are imported ones and the one made by my grandma.

mama's homemade sardines, 240baon

She also makes a mean Spanish style. I like them both but this time I asked for the tomato-based one. This is the perfect sardines for me – a bit sweet, a bit tangy, a bit spicy. The sardines are clean and tender. I really need to remember to ask her for the recipe. She has been making this ever since we were kids and I can eat this for several days and not complain. When I was still working in the office, I would bring this for lunch 3 days out of 5.

Mom gave me some ampalaya (bitter gourd) with shrimps to go with this dish:

ampalaya, 240baon
Love this!

Comments