Hospital Food, Anyone?

I loved the food at MMC. Notice the past tense. Back when I was a teenager, I would always be confined there and I would always look forward to meal times. They broke the stereotype of hospital foods and served their patients with gourmet looking and tasting meals. I would finish everything on my tray from soup to dessert. I guess it helped me to recover.

Well, that’s no longer the case now. I was put on a soft diet then a high fiber diet when I gave birth and this is what I had:

WP_000056


This is supposed to be chicken barbecue but it was bland and tasted terrible. Those white strips are ubod. They were tolerable.That white mush is exactly that – rice boiled in water and left to be mushy. It didn’t have any taste whatsoever that’s why they put a packet of salt in the tray. I didn’t care much about the soup. It was supposed to be tinola but it had sweet corn and shreds of ginger in it. My taste buds were confused.  The only thing I truly liked were the melon slices.

WP_000058

This other tray still had the white mush. The soup was supposed to be a beef soup, like the ones they give you at Korean fast food restos with your order. The beef was supposed to be Korean Beef Stew. It was okay. I finished the bowl. That, smack center in the plate are just strips of carrots. This plate looked pathetic. I finished those as well. Dessert was melons again.

Prices at MMC have skyrocketed in the past few years. I wish they would do something about their food. I already mentioned this in my customer survey card so I hope they’ll take notice.

Comments