Miss C’s First Home Cooked Meal

IMG_6105


Like I said in one of my previous posts, cousin C and I have been hanging out a lot. We’ve been ordering take out food for a few weeks now because I am still not allowed to cook. But I just can’t live that way so I finally asked her to try and cook our lunch. We had some leftover corned beef so I asked her to go the market and buy some beans which she then sauteed with our leftover corned beef. This turned out to be very delicious. Better than mine or MB’s actually.

I also asked her to cook some lechon kawali using a new recipe:

IMG_6106


She burned a few pieces but I don’t mind. They were still super delicious! As a matter of fact, I intentionally left some so that MB can have them for dinner. I was so proud of her that I gave some of the sauteed beans to mom for her to taste.

I took care of my cousin when she was young. I actually raised her so I treat her as my own that is why these small “milestones” in her life make me proud.

Oh, how I missed the taste of home cooking and I’m glad that my cousin didn’t disappoint.

Comments