Beef with Bean Sprouts and Green Peppers Plus a Feast for 3



I normally won't buy groceries until I'm sure I won't be able to cook a decent meal out of what's left in the fridge and pantry. So, this forces me to become creative with our dishes. For this meal, I had 1/4 kilo beef strips, one green pepper and half a bag of bean sprouts so I mixed them altogether and ended up with this viand. 

It's very easy to do. Check it out!


You will need


beef strips
bean sprouts
green pepper
onions 
sugar
oil
light soy sauce
dark soy sauce 
salt and pepper
water


Let's cook!

1. Marinate the beef in a little dark soy sauce. Set aside. Cook the bean sprouts in salted boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain and set aside.

2. In a pan, saute sliced onions in a little oil. Add the sliced peppers. When the veggies are cooked, add the beef strips. Let the beef brown and then add the bean sprouts. Mix. 

3. Add some water to your liking. I had to put some sauce in this dish because my husband and son love sauces and soups. Season with light soy sauce and a bit of sugar. Taste. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Let simmer for a minute. Serve with rice. 


I'd also like to share with you this simple feast for 3 that I prepared one Saturday afternoon. This was before I cooked the dish above. I primarily bought the bean sprouts to use as a side dish. This is just a simple saute with spring onions. I served Thompson grapes, daing na bangus, some Hen Lin siomai and the bean sprouts. Oh, and don't forget the soy-calamansi dip!




Comments