Ginger Beef and Tofu



After many years of cooking, I discovered that I have "scheduled seasonal tastes". During summer months, I like to cook continental/American dishes. After that, it's Chinese for me and then Japanese. After that, it's a full on Asian onslaught. Before the year ends, it's a smorgasbord of different dishes. We are now in the Chinese stage so I will be featuring Chinese inspired dishes. Here's one of them.

You need:

beef ( I used small cuts so they would be tender)
oil
cornstarch
spring onions
tofu
green capsicum
red capsicum (I was out so I didn't use any)
Chinese cooking wine
hoisin sauce
sesame oil
dark soy
light soy
ginger

Let's do this!

Cut the tofu and fry them in oil. Set aside.

Fry the beef in the same pan and set aside. 

Add a little more oil to the pan and saute the ginger. Wait for it to brown a little. 

Add the spring onions and peppers. Stir fry and add the beef. Add the tofu.

Mix the cornstarch, cooking wine, hoisin, sesame oil, dark soy and light soy in a bowl. Add to the pan. Mix well and serve with rice. 

Comments