Bitter Gourd and Salted Eggs


I was thinking of how to cook bitter gourd in a different way than our usual pinakbet or gisa and I came up with this. I had some leftover red eggs in the fridge and thought I'd use them.

You need:

bitter gourd
red eggs
garlic 
onions
some water
salt and pepper
sugar

Let's do this!

Saute the chopped garlic and onions in a little oil. Add the bitter gourd and cook for about a minute. Add about 1-2 tablespoons of water and let it boil to steam the veggies. Add the chopped salted eggs. Season with just a little salt, some pepper and sugar. 

I served this with the egg fried rice in the previous post. I know it's too much eggs already but this was a leftover dish and I didn't want it to go to waste. 

I also served our favorite fried eggplants. Here's the whole spread:




Comments