Two Breakfasts Courtesy of Singapore

When we were in Singapore, I was thrilled to visit the local grocery store, Fair Price, because I found some really great items at affordable prices. You guys from Manila know how expensive blueberries and strawberries here are. Fresh blueberries are also hard to come by. One pack of strawberries and blueberries are only less than SGD5 each. So, I brought home a pack of each and crossed my fingers that they will survive the trip. Thank God they did!


So, here's my breakfast on the first day we got home. These are easy French Toasts with honey and fresh blueberries.


I had some leftover mix so I went ahead and made some more toasts and put them in the fridge for the next day's breakfast. This time around, I sliced up the strawberries and drizzled everything with honey. 

I'd have to say, though, that the strawberries were really sour. The blueberries were hit and miss. Some were sweet but most of them were sour. 

If you are going to visit Singapore, check out the supermarkets for great finds. My friend, V, from Singapore said that the really sweet strawberries are at Cold Storage. They are more expensive though but I think worth the price. 

Comments