Easy Steak


I don't know how to cook steak. All I know is the simple method of cooking it in olive oil and butter and adding some herbs and spices. Steak is not a regular in our home as they are expensive. I just happened to get one tray on sale that's why I tried cooking it. If you love your steak rare to medium rare, skip this post. We like our steak well done. If you want to try my version, read on. 

You need:
steaks
salt and pepper
garlic powder
Worcestershire sauce
soy sauce
butter
olive oil
thyme

Let's do this!

Marinate the steaks in Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper for 2 hours. 

In a pan, add some olive oil. Place the steaks. Sprinkle with some dried thyme. Add about 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and mix with the olive oil. Spoon this mixture over the steaks. Cook until desired doneness. 

And because I always try to add veggies to our meals, I served this with some ampalaya (bitter gourd) and shrimps in oyster sauce. I know it's weird but it worked for us. 



Comments