READ THIS IF YOUR CHILD PLAYS AT KIDZOONA

I am sharing this to all parents, guardians and carers of kids who go to Kidzoona. This incident happened today at the newly opened Century City Mall branch.

We are regulars at the Waltermart branch and have also tried the branch at Shangri-La.

We were excited to try out the Century City Mall branch. My 3-year old son played with the usual food stations and when he got bored, he asked me to go with him to the slides.


I already knew that this was a steep slide. As usual, I went up with my son. He is still scared of going down slides on his own but there are times when he goes down alone and I wait to catch him at the bottom.

I put him on my lap and down we went. I was scared midway because we were going down too fast and knew we were losing control. I ended up lying flat on my back with my head hitting the balls. It was painful. I was thankful that I went down with my son or he could have gotten seriously hurt. I decided that this was too dangerous for my son. My nape was painful as well as the bottom of my head. Although the Shangri-La slide was steep, I did not end up flat on my back when we went down.

We went to the green spiral slide next as I thought that it would be safer. I was wrong! It was also very, very slippery! So slippery, that we lost control again and my body twisted to my side and again, fell flat on the balls. This was another painful fall and I'm glad that I was there to cushion my son's fall.

I also ended up getting burns on my elbow.



I went to the girl on the counter and asked for some medicine. She applied some burn ointment and told me to be careful next time. I told her the slides were too slippery and we weren't used to them being that slippery in other branches. 

I then talked to the Manager on duty about the slides. I asked if they put wax on it. He said that they put some silicone on it once a week only because if they applied more frequently, the slides would be very, very slippery. I told him they already were! I also told him that I hurt my head and showed him my elbow. 

I asked another mom present, who also went down the slide but on her own, if she found it too be too slippery. She said yes and that she was surprised that she zoomed down too fast. I watched her daughter go down and she too fell flat on her back. I told her about what happened to us and about the green spiral slide. She said that she found the placement of that particular slide to be very dangerous as it was too slippery and it was very near the walls. The momentum would cause a serious accident that's why she didn't let her kids play there. 

I also warned another mom with a little girl (about a year and a half old) to not let her child go down the banana slide. As you can see, all the slides were very shiny, probably from the product they use. 





The manager proceeded to get a rag and a spray bottle and started wiping the slides. He said that he will remove the silicone as he was worried that someone else might get an accident. I already wrote to the Aeon Fantasy Group, the company who owns Kidzoona and I am awaiting their reply. My neck hurts (it feels like I have stiff neck), my shoulder hurts and a part of my chest hurts. I can feel it especially when I lift things such as a pitcher to pour water. The manager told me to get a checkup and I asked if they will shoulder bill to which he replied, "he will consider it". 

Please be careful when you use the slides at Kidzoona, no matter what branch. Supervise your children, especially the small ones. 

I will be publishing my story in all my blogs so as to inform parents and carers about our experience so they can take extra caution when playing at Kidzoona. 

Comments