Stir Fried Vegetables with Quail Eggs in Oyster Sauce



I originally wanted to cook a simple vegetable dish with cabbage and white sauce but when I checked, the cabbage wasn't fresh anymore so I threw that away and scratched the recipe in my head.  While throwing the cabbage in the bin, I remembered that I had some French beans so I thought of using those. I also decided to change the white sauce to dark and used oyster sauce and soy sauce. 


You need:

Your choice of vegetables
In this recipe I used:
carrots
French beans 
broccoli
onions
Green bell peppers
hard boiled quail eggs

Sauce:

(I didn't put the exact measurements for the sauce because I just eyeballed it. I also want to encourage my readers to experiment and not be afraid to taste as they go. Cooking is not an exact science.)

soy sauce
oyster sauce
fish sauce (about half a teaspoon)
water
sugar (about a teaspoon)
salt and pepper

Mix everything (except cornstarch slurry) together in a small bowl. 

cornstarch slurry (teaspoon of cornstarch dissolved in a little bit of water)

Let's do this!

Chop your vegetables. In a pan, heat some oil. Add the chopped onions. Then add the vegetables. Put the longest to cook first and stir fry on high heat. Add the hard boiled quail eggs and the sauce. Mix together and simmer for a minute or two. Add the cornstarch slurry and mix. 

I served this with some oven-roasted pork belly. 



Comments