Katherine's Cafe Glorietta

We have been anticipating the opening of Katherine's Cafe in Glorietta for a long time. As you may know, my son and I have food restrictions and so we favor freshly prepared food, fresh quality ingredients and restaurants that can cater to our requests. I was hoping Katherine's was one of them.




The place has a very homey feel. It reminds me a lot of Kamiseta. Haha!


The restaurant is surprisingly big inside. They even have a small function room.








We ordered watermelon shake as mom said the mango shake was too sour. She had been there before. The watermelon shake was too sweet for my taste. I forgot to ask the syrup to be separated. 


My son ordered the banana-guyabano shake. He said he can't taste the guyabano much. 


We also got the Margherita flat bread/pizza. This is bread, not pizza. Mom said it was too soggy for her taste. For me, it was alright. 


Mom and I ordered puttanesca which was uber salty! There were too much anchovies plus the capers and olives were also salty. Then I think salt was added to the sauce so you get the picture. 


My son ordered chicken paillard. I asked for the tomato-pepper salad to be separated because of my son's allergies. The chicken ended up looking so "kawawa", so pale and dry but he said that it was good. It was served with brown rice which is my son's favorite. I had hoped that dressing would be served on the side for the chicken. My son didn't finish his meal. 







They also sell cakes and pastries which we skipped.






This is the restroom. It was clean and nice-smelling. The only problem was the trash bin was too far from the toilets. The black bin is beside the sink.




This is the function room.


My son had a blast going up and down the stairs, checking out the different dining areas and the function room. The staff was kind enough to turn on the lights for us to take photos. 

Katherine's is still on soft opening. The food took a long time to arrive. The senior couple on the next table had almost a 1-hour waiting time and they only ordered pasta. I think the gentleman talked to the manager about it. 

I guess we'll give Katherine's another shot after several more days. My son wants to go back because of the ambiance. 

Have you tried Katherine's Cafe? How was your experience? What food would you recommend? Share in the comments below!




Comments