New Dish from Leftovers

We had this for baon late last week. I just tossed all the leftover ingredients like half a pack of baby corn, 1 bell pepper, etc. together to come up with this dish.

I still had half a pack of Vietnamese vegetable noodles and so I decided that the dish should revolve around that. I checked the ref and found the following: half a tray of baby corn, 1 green bell pepper, 1 carrot, 1/4 head of cabbage. I didn't want a soupy dish because the noodles get mushy fast but I also wanted something with a bit of liquid because Migraine Boy and I like to have some soup when we're eating something fried or dry to balance things out. This is what I came up with.

I cooked the noodles according to package directions separately. While that's cooking, I sauteed some garlic and onions in a pan. Added the carrots, bell pepper and baby corn then added about a cup of water. I also added a teaspoon each of chili-garlic sauce and hoisin sauce then let it boil. I then added the shredded cabbage. When the veggies were done, I added the cooked noodles. Mix until all the noodles are coated with the sauce. And oh, I also seasoned it with salt and pepper and some light soy sauce.

We had this with some fried chicken. Not bad for leftovers, eh?

Comments