Shrimps in Spicy Chunky Tomato Sauce

This is one of our baons last week. I apologize for the delay. We didn't have internet during the weekend. I prepared this the night before so all I had to do the next day was pop this in the microwave.

First, some pointers on the sauce. I used 2 methods for this recipe and they both work. The first one is, I just chopped up some tomatoes and removed the seeds. Then I sauteed some garlic in oil. (EVOO is better) then added some sliced chillies. I then added the chopped tomatoes then added about half a cup of water. I let this boil. I then added the shrimps and the leeks, seasoned the whole thing with salt, pepper and spanish paprika then lowered the heat and let it simmer until cooked.

Number 2. I boiled the tomatoes until the skin burst then removed the seeds and placed them in a blender. I like my sauce a little chunky. Then follow the same procedure as above.

Verdict: The rice was bitin!

Comments