Beef and Pechay Stir Fry

This recipe called for other greens but I still had half a pack of native pechay leftover from a previous dish and so that's what I used.

Fry the sukiyaki cut beef in a pan for about 2 minutes. Make sure that the stove is on high. You wouldn't want your beef to be rubbery.

Saute garlic, mushrooms and pechay. Season with mirin, honey, light soy sauce and water, about a tablespoon each depending on how saucy you want the dish to be. I added more. I also added a splash of sake. Just a little. The original recipe did not include mirin and sake. That's just me. You know I don't always follow recipes to a t.

Add the beef to the pan then mix. Serve on top of hot rice for a very comforting dinner on a cold summer night. (It was a rainy summer when I cooked this).

And that's the end of the lazy chronicles. The next posts will feature more challenging dishes.

Comments