BBQ Fish Dinner

I tried the homemade barbecue sauce on fish. Well, it worked! Just cook slices of fish fillet, I used cream dory, in the sauce then sprinkle with spring onions.

For the soup, I used bow tie noodles. They're not pasta. They're Vietnamese noodles, much softer and cooks faster than regular bow tie pasta. Just saute some garlic, onions and celery in a little oil. Cook chicken chunks until brown then pour stock. Add the cooked noodles when the soup is almost done.

For the renkon, I just sauteed some garlic and ginger in sesame oil then added the renkon slices. In a bowl mix oyster sauce, light soy sauce and mirin. Pour the sauce on the renkon, making sure that all pieces are coated with the sauce. Top with sliced leeks.

This is another quick (and colorful ) dinner spread. It only took 30 minutes to prepare everything. Cooking Japanese inspired meals gives me a lot of eye candy and flavors in one meal. You should try it.

Comments