Spinach in Oyster Sauce

Just when I thought nothing else could go wrong with my body, I recently found out that I'm at high risk for glaucoma. How did I find out about this? I went to see an eye doctor for conjunctivitis. That's all. He did all these fancy exams on my eyes then told me to have annual check ups as I'm at risk for glaucoma. I've been having red, itchy eyes for a few months now. I just wanted a cure for that. The reason for this? Oh, I don't blink my eyes as often as I should. Doctor said that I forget to blink. I think one reader in the US would be laughing his head off by now. He knows the whole story. The doctor just confirmed it.

Anyway, since this is another challenge to tackle I decided to research on it to find foods that will help me avoid developing a glaucoma. Turns out spinach is really one of those supah foods. This is the first dish I made with spinach.

Saute garlic and onions in a little oil. Add the spinach leaves. Season with oyster sauce, Kikkoman and mirin. Oh, by the way. Did you guys know that Hatchin now has its own brand of mirin? And it's only P60. Yay!

Cook on low heat then serve. We ate this with fried bangus. That's how I like my fried bangus. A bit burnt on the outside. On the far left side is a dollop of ginisang bagoong, leftover from a previous dish which I cannot remember.

The verdict? MB loved the spinach!

Another variation on this dish is bagoong. Saute garlic and onions in very little oil. Add the spinach. Mix. Add bagoong then stir. Pour in about 2 tablespoons water. Mix, mix, mix. Squeeze some lemon juice then mix. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture.

Comments