Chicken Meatballs in Barbecue Sauce Bento

Here's an overdue post. You might be wondering why I haven't been posting. Well, too busy with work and I changed laptops. I used to bring our big acer to work but alas, the weight got the best of my shoulder. Thanks to BPI Madness Promo, we were able to buy a smaller, lighter netbook. Still from acer. I love how affordable and reliable acer laptops are. Anyway, enough with that.

I'm not feeling rice again nowadays so expect posts which don't have rice in them. If there's rice, then that's intended for MB. Here you can see buttered haricot verts, mashed potatoes and sliced crusty bread.

For the barbecue sauce:

Garlic

Onions

Red wine or vinegar ( but red wine is better)

Brown sugar

Honey

Catsup

Soy sauce

Chili sauce

Worcestershire sauce

Water

Pulse all the ingredients in a blender until smooth then cook for 3-5 minutes.

Chicken Meatballs:

I used the recipe in Yummy but altered it a little. Combine ground chicken, egg, pickle relish, onions, salt and pepper and thyme. Form into balls then fry. Pour the barbecue sauce on top of the meatballs.

I prepared this the night before so the meatballs already absorbed the flavor of the sauce. This was fantastic!

Comments