Chili Prawn Fried Rice

This is another experiment using that wonderful bottled Chili Prawn. MB and I were still a bit full last Saturday but needed to eat some dinner. So, I decided to cook a light meal using some leftover garlic chicken which I forgot to photograph and post here (sowi!).

Saute some finely chopped garlic, about 1-2 pieces, in a little oil. Remove chicken from the bones and add these to the pan. Add some chopped carrots. Season with light soy sauce then add about a tablespoon of chili prawn then mix. Add the rice and make sure to coat everything with the sauce Sprinkle some chopped spring onions then you're ready to serve. You can also add some eggs but we wanted a light dish so I let go of that idea.

I made the mistake of putting too little soy sauce so we ended up seasoning the rice with Maggi Savor. Next time I'll be sure to add more or add some sea salt and maintain the previous amount of soy sauce. In spite of being still full, MB finished 3 servings of this rice.

Comments