An Open Letter

Dear Friends and Beloved Readers of this blog,

I am a writer. I've had several essays, articles, short stories, etc. published in different newspapers and magazines since I was 6 years old.  Now I'm not boasting. There is a reason behind this so please stay with me.

I have a background in journalism, half of it comes from school and the other half comes from my sister, who, among other things is an accomplished journalist, editor-in-chief and an award-winning writer. Most of the things that I've learned and applied to my position as (ex) editor-in-chief/writer of different publications came from her.  I myself have won several writing competitions during my days as an active writer.

Now that I've built up my credibility as a writer, let me say this again. I AM A WRITER. I am a writer first, then a blogger second. I say this because I know some writers who are irked by bloggers who are self-proclaimed writers. Just because they have a blog, they immediately claim to be writers. I am not one of those bloggers. I am a writer and a blogger and I am not perfect. I accept checks, criticisms and opinions about my writing with open arms. They make me better after all.

Though I didn't get on the blogging bandwagon right away, I've been blogging since 2005 via a private blog that I still have. It's no longer updated but I keep it for memory's sake. This new blog was put up as an extension of myself, of the things I enjoy and sometimes hate. This is my online diary. This is a small glimpse of my very private and personal life. I blog because it's fun. I blog because it makes me happy. I blog because I am able to share my two cents worth on things and people actually find them useful. I blog for me. These are my opinions, feelings and ideas on products, events, current issues and people poured on the pages of blogspot. The products/restos/places/services that I review are not paid advertising. These are all for my self-satisfaction. These are based on what and how I feel about something during a particular time. My rants are based on what I feel about something and believe my opinion to be  just. Since this is my diary, no one has the right to censor me on what I should and should not write about. I believe I do not cause damage to my family, friends, community, work, environment, business, colleagues and clients with the things I write here or on my other blog. After all, I blog about fashion, beauty, food and issues that catch my interest. If you feel hurt, offended or scandalized about anything I say/said here, you are welcome to express your opinions to me and not to anybody around me. If you want to rant and blow off steam, I suggest you put up a blog yourself. Again, this is a personal blog and no one is allowed to censor my actions as long as it is not damaging to others. There is such a thing called freedom of expression. But I also know that with that freedom comes great responsibility. I have learned that many years ago as a young journalist that's why I put it into practice every single time I write.

My personal life is separate from my work life is separate from my business life is separate from my artist life is separate from my hobbyist life. You get the drift? There is Lady E outside the blogging world and a Lady E inside the blogging world. And never the twain shall meet.

If you are negative, defensive and angry, this is not the place for you. If you don't have anything good to say or do, if it is not for the betterment of your peers, your community or your country, then I suggest you keep it to yourself. You are not welcome here! Life is too short and there are too many wonderful things around us to deal with negativity even for just a minute. Oh, malicious and judgmental people are not welcome either.

On the other hand, if you are happy, positive, empowered and looking for a good read, why, you're more than welcome to browse through my blog and enjoy these things that I feature with me. 

I know it's a bit trite but smile and be happy! 

You know you love me...

XOXO,

Lady E

Comments