Sizzling Beef


I love this dish! The flavor is exactly what I was craving for. I had been craving for beef with broccoli for some time now but I suck at making it. It was a surprise that I didn't screw this up. 

Let's start making this shall we?

In a bowl, marinate the beef in soy sauce, rice wine and sugar. Allow the beef (I used beef strips, by the way) to absorb the mixture for about 15 minutes. The beef will be ready by the time you finish prepping the other ingredients.

Fry the beef strips in oil. Do this in batches and do this quickly. You don't want to end up with tough beef. Set aside. In the same wok, add some chopped broccoli florets. Slowly add water, about a few tablespoons at a time and stir fry until the color turns into a vibrant green. Add some red bell pepper slices and chopped garlic. Stir in some oyster sauce. I don't measure so I just put enough to cover everything, about 3-4 tablespoons. You can add more later. Add the beef and bean sprouts to the pan and mix. For a thicker sauce, dissolve 1/2-1 tablespoon cornstarch in a little water then add to the pan. Mix. Season with more oyster sauce or a little salt. Add some black pepper for a little zing. Serve with a hot bowl of rice. Now does that make you salivate or what?


Comments