Nacho Salad


The summer heat is driving everyone crazy! Add to that, the rising Meralco bills! We don't have A/C at home so you can just imagine how hot it can be especially during the afternoons and at night. I manage by doing yoga whenever I find the time. It cools down my body significantly plus I get to sweat off all the toxins stored inside. We also eat light - lots of fruits, juice, liquids and salads. I try to stay out of the kitchen as much as I can. I've been preparing fast and easy meals nowadays. Here's an example.

You will need:
  • Nachos
  • homemade salsa (prepare this ahead of time so you can chill it)
  • olives
  • lettuce
  • some mayo or sour cream
  • beef mixture
  • grated cheese (I used Romano)
Again, prepare the salsa ahead of time then refrigerate. Just click on the link to see my recipe. In a pan, put some olive oil then add some chopped garlic. When fragrant, add the ground beef. Cook until the liquid has evaporated and the beef is brown. Season with cumin , salt and pepper. Set aside.

In a bowl, assemble lettuce leaves and nachos. Top with the beef mixture then the salsa then the olives and sprinkle with grated cheese. You can also top this some more with sour cream or mayonnaise.  

Here's my plate:


MB and I finished the whole bowl. Serve this with a glass of ice cold juice or soda and you'll have a very satisfying summer dinner.

Comments