Mixed Vegetables with Quail Eggs

Hectic and tiring- those are the words to describe my schedule for the past couple of weeks. I'm sorry if I haven't been posting regularly but aside from my 'to do list', this time of the year is really tough for me. My body literally breaks down because of the weather. With that comes more take out food, deliveries and instant whatever. But when I do find my strength, I try to cook a decent meal. After all, too much junk is bad for me too. Here's an easy and quick dish I whipped up on one of my 'able' days.


Please bear with the pictures for a while. I'm asking MB to get this problem fixed. 

You will need some carrots, shiitake mushrooms, cauliflower and boiled quail eggs. 

Saute some garlic and onions in a pan. Add  the sliced mushrooms. Cook for about a minute or two then add the carrots then the cauliflower. Season with oyster sauce and a little bit of soy sauce if you want. Add about half a cup of water to the pan. Mix. Bring to a boil then lower heat. Season with a tiny pinch of sea salt and pepper. Taste. Add the boiled quail eggs and turn off the heat. 

Can I just say that sea salt rocks? Before, I thought that all salts were equal. I raised my eyebrows every time I read a rave about a different kind of salt other than rock salt and iodized salt. For me they were all salt! What difference does that make? I didn't want to buy sea salt because it was expensive. It's just salt, right? Wrong!

So, fast forward to a year or so, I am now truly, truly thankful that I tried sea salt. It makes a whole lot of difference! Even regular dishes get a special kick. I love it! And you only have to use a little to flavor your dishes. Never mind the expensive price tag. One pack will last you for a few months. I've been using sea salt for more than a year now and I've never looked back.

Have you tried a different kind of salt lately? 


Comments