Like Eggplant Parmigiana

I’m running out of posts! That’s because I’ve been recycling recipes these past few days. I haven’t found the inspiration to cook something new just yet. But this is one inspired recipe. Because I have to buy a bag when I want to cook eggplants, I have to come up with different recipes using the said ingredient. And I think MB is also getting bored with eggplant tempura. I know how much he loves pasta and so I made this thinking that the sauce and cheese would trick him into eating it. Did it work? Absolutely!

This is like eggplant parmigiana but with a little twist and a bit simplified, almost bastardized, I guess.

like eggplant parmigiana, by 240 baonAll that cheesy goodness…Yum! 
You will need:

  • eggplants (of course!)
  • some lean ground beef
  • EVOO
  • garlic
  • onions
  • S&P
  • cheese (lots of it)
  • tomato sauce
How to make:
Saute some garlic and onions in EVOO. Add the ground beef. Season with pepper. Wait for the beef to cook and the liquid to evaporate. Add the sliced eggplants. You can dice them if you want to trick kids into eating veggies. Hehe..  Add some tomato sauce. I used Del Monte Filipino Style Tomato Sauce because MB likes it a bit sweet. Mix. Season with sea salt and pepper. Add a bit more sugar if needed. Add some grated cheese. I used Quickmelt cheese.

Transfer to an oven proof dish. I don’t have an oven so I improvised! I took out the oven toaster tray and transferred the dish there then I topped it again with some grated cheese. Bake for 10 minutes. You can use a combination of cheeses. I think I added some grated Romano as well.

C’est fini!
like eggplant parmigiana with garlic toast, by by 240baon

I served it with some garlic toasts from The French Baker. The leftovers became baon the next day.

Comments