Tomato Penne Pasta

If you don’t like eating pasta without the meat, then you might want to skip this post. But if you’re looking for a light, satisfying pasta that’s not only healthy but scores high on the yummy radar, then read on!

I eat meat but there are times when I just want to eat light. The dilemma is, MB doesn’t share the same eating habits as I have so there must be some sort of middle ground when it comes to cooking meals. I found that in this dish:

tomato penne pasta, by bitsandtreatsTomato Penne Pasta 

You need penne pasta, tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, olive oil, oregano, sea salt and pepper, dried chili pepper flakes and quick melt cheese.

Slice tomatoes according to preferred thickness. Place on baking sheet and drizzle with EVOO, sea salt and pepper. Pop in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until they’re all wrinkled up and toasted. I used my handy dandy toaster so I think I baked this for about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, sauté some chopped garlic in EVOO. Add the tomato sauce. Season with oregano,S&P and dried chili pepper flakes. When boiling, add the quick melt cheese.  Mix well. Toss with cooked penne.

Transfer to a serving dish and top with the toasted/roasted/baked tomatoes.

I never thought MB would like this dish but we finished half of it! It was really good, I tell you. If you have qualms about trying out meatless pasta, this is my best bet. But to be sure, I served this with a little extra. Stay tuned for that! Oh, and the other half became the next day's lunch. 

Comments

  1. what a coincidence, I also cooked penne past last night but with meat though, still a lot left and I made baon for breakfast at work.

    I agree, it's a lil bit hard when our partners don't share the same foods that we like.

    Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment