Mini Eggplant Pizzas

mini eggplant pizzas, by 240baon

As you may have already noticed, there is a cycle to my food mood. Sometimes it’s Filipino, other times it’s Japanese. There are times when I feel like cooking and on other times, I just want a quick fix. This is one of those days.

I spent less than 30 minutes on this dinner. First, wash eggplants thoroughly. Chop them up in your desired size. Place in an oven proof tray or in my case, the oven toaster. Sprinkle with olive oil and sea salt. I baked this for about 10 minutes. I just checked from time to time because it might burn.

Meanwhile, chop some garlic, onions and tomatoes. In a pan, eyeball some olive oil and sauté these three ingredients. Add some tomato sauce. Season with a little sugar, some sea salt and a little pepper. You can also add oregano or basil or both if you like. I skipped those because sometimes, MB just has to eat “normal” food.

Assemble the mini pizzas. I used the frozen ones then topped them with the sauce, placed a couple of baked eggplants on top then smothered it all in grated quick melt cheese. Pop in the oven toaster until cheese melts and when the crust is a bit brown. Enjoy with your favorite ice cold drink. I think we each had 6 mini pizzas.

eggplant mini pizzas, by 240baon
Who says pizza can’t be healthy?

Next up is another pizza recipe.

Comments

  1. You had pizza too!! haha! cute mini pizza's. I love eggplant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually a back log post but come to think of it, yes, I still had pizza from Cafe Med!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment