Pan Fried Tanigue with Lemon Butter Sauce

Tanigue has got to be one of the most searched, most popular posts in this blog. So, without further ado, here’s another tanigue recipe.

pan fried tanigue with lemon butter sauce, by 240baon

Let’s make the lemon butter sauce first. Heat about 1T oil in a pan and add 1/4 c butter. Add minced garlic and saute until fragrant. Turn off the heat and add 3T lemon juice. I think I used more. Add Maggi Savor or Knorr Seasoning, whatever you like and as much as you like. Add chopped parsley if you have. I think I didn’t have any when I cooked this dish but put parsley as it adds a lot of flavor. Taste. Adjust seasonings and add some salt and pepper. Keep the sauce warm and set aside.

Season both sides of your tanigue steak with liquid seasoning and pepper. Fry the tanigue. Be sure not to overcook and be careful when transferring.

As you can see, I served this with steamed beans. I would have used haricot verts had I had some but regular beans just had to do. After eating, I’d say that French beans are a better choice.

You can drizzle the sauce over the fish or just serve this on the side. I drizzled mine little by little while MB just went sauce crazy. He also had this with Sukang Pinakurat which simply boggles my mind.

Comments