This is Not Paella!

shrimps and mushroom rice, by 240baon

I know it looks like it but it’s not. I don’t know what it’s called because this is something I came up with when I was stuck in traffic the other day. So let’s just call it Red Shrimp and Mushroom Rice.  This isn’t the dish that I’m supposed to be featuring but I’m really excited as it turned out soooooo delicious! MB and I finished the whole thing. Well, my mom had a bite and my sister had a tiny portion too. 

Here’s what you need:
Cold or leftover rice (I used Jasmine)
6 Shrimps
Chopped red bell peppers
Sliced onions
mushrooms
achuete oil
sea salt and pepper
Magic Sarap
Boiled eggs

This is how we do it:

1. Fry the onions in achuete oil. When transparent, add the chopped red bell peppers. Add the mushrooms. Stir fry on high heat for 1 minute.
2. Add shrimps. Wait until one side of the shrimps turn pink. Season with half a packet of Magic Sarap, some sea salt and black pepper. Add about 2T water. Let steam on high heat, just enough to cook the shrimps.
3. Mix the rice in, making sure that everything is evenly coated. All the grains must turn orange.
4. Transfer to a serving platter and top with sliced boiled eggs. Serves 2-3.

It’s very simple to cook but the flavors are amazing! Try it, you won’t regret it.

Comments

  1. I WANNTTTTT~ But it does look paella from afar. Para ka ng si Rachel ray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, paella. the closest thing i have in mind is Casa Armas, since i can't eat yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Ang dami mong alam na restos cafemobility! Inggit ako!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kitten Hahahaha! I like Rachael Ray's recipes pero most of the ingredients that she uses are not available here. Or maybe that's just my old cookbook which I never got to use...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @LadyE: reason for that is because i don't eat at home. my life evolves on mostly fastfood, sometimes fast casual, and ocassionally fine dining. i only get to eat at home when i suffer headache/dizziness due to my diabetes. that's the only time i get to use my rice cooker too, but usually just a rice and a can of tuna. i don't peel off crops, slice veggies, etc. like what i said, waste materials abounds.

    @Katey: so you watch Rachel Ray pala. it's nice for a woman who always esteem in striving to improve her culinary craft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @cafemobility: I put all the peelings in a bowl and dump them to our plants. instant compost!

    You have diabetes? Bawal magutom! Have you tried the tuna paella? i'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @LadyE: oh yes, i have diabetes since college palang. :)

    and yes, two restos that serve best paella in town were Casa Armas and Alba's, but i don't know if it's Tuna Paella. they call it Paella Valenciana if i remember it correctly. or was it Paella Negra?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @cafemobility sorry, i forgot to put the brand. the san marino tuna paella! ung canned! hahahaha!i haven't eaten at Casa Armas yet. = )

    ReplyDelete
  9. @john: yup, it's one of my favorite shows on lifestyle network, i also love bobby flay, ina garten. For now, since I don't have access to life style network anymore, I just watch TLC na lang (travel, living channel)

    @Lady E: Maybe old cookbook nga. As for the san marino tuna paella, don't even think about it sis. It is soooo weird, it has rice inside too.

    @john: APIR! Alba's has a nice buffet! I loved the dessert part, hehehe.

    @

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha, sorry. i'm thinking of tasting one this week end, during the course of my dibidi marathon. don't worry, dedicate ko sayo unang subo ko. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment