Tuna and Quail Egg Noodles

When we’re stuck at home on Saturday nights, we are usually desperate for food. We do the groceries on Sundays and we deal with what’s left in the fridge and cupboards. That is, when there’s anything left. Such was the case of this dish.

tuna and quail egg noodles, by 240baon

It may look blah and unappetizing but we were surprised that this dish turned out to be quite tasty.

Boil the quail eggs. Cook egg noodles according to package directions. In a pan, dump a can of tuna (with most of the liquid drained, please) and separate the chunks. Season with oyster sauce and a little bit of soy sauce. Top the noodles with tuna and quail eggs.

This is so easy to make. I was inspired by one of MB’s stories that when he was still living in the staff house, he would just buy a can of tuna and toss whatever it is that’s available in the kitchen to have a good meal. So I did just that and ended up with this dish. I had some leftover takeout which we completely ignored because we were satisfied with the noodles.  I think girls will have to adjust to this combination but for boys, I think there’s no problem.

Comments

  1. i'm begining to think you have a Midas touch for food, anything you touched from your fridge and cupboard turned to gold. a simple can of tuna evolved into an utterly delectable cuisine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, i'm touched. Sobra thanks cafemobility! I think I really have a knack for blending flavors. I usually imagine how one ingredient tastes like with another ingredient and I come up with a recipe in my head. I think I'm going to post some of those recipes, thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment