A Dish Taken Straight Out of TV

I was watching a food show yesterday with mom and my sister while having lunch when I saw these pork chops with stroganoff and red pepper rice. I don’t eat pork and I didn’t have all the ingredients for a proper stroganoff so as usual, I made do with what I have and tweaked, tweaked, tweaked.

fried chicken breast fillet with mock stroganoff sauce, by 240baon

I didn’t bother with the plating because I was already ravenous. LOL

I used chicken breast fillet instead of pork chops. Wrap the fillet with cling wrap and pound away. I used my fists to flatten the chicken. Season with salt and pepper then fry.

For the sauce, slice the onions into strips. Add about 2-3T of butter in a pan. Add the sliced onions. Let the onions turn transparent then add mushrooms (pieces and stems please). Let this cook for a while to allow the onions to caramelize. This will take about 5 minutes or so. Remember to cook in low heat.

Add about half a cup of chicken broth. Mix. Add one tetra brick of Nestle all purpose cream. Mix well. Season with sea salt and pepper. Add Spanish paprika and a dash of nutmeg.Turn off the heat.

To serve, top the chicken fillet with the sauce and sprinkle with chopped parsley.

As you can see, I ate this with the leftover tortellini. It was an awesome dinner indeed. My mom and sister loved this dish too!

P.S.

I found a way to make the chicken taste better. I just did it tonight for dinner. Season the chicken fillet with salt and pepper then dredge in finely ground corn meal. Slam dunk!

Comments