Kim N’ Chi Who?

Of course, the name suggests that this place serves Korean food. Kim N’ Chi is located at Food Choices Glorietta 4. It’s been open for a few weeks. The first time we ate there was on their opening week. I wasn’t able to take photos because I was famished. Today, rather yesterday, seeing as it’s already 12:02 AM, (Happy Birthday MB!) MB and I wanted to eat at Go Greek but seeing that their prices skyrocketed, we opted to go to its neighbor Kim N’ Chi.

26112011661

At first I wanted to try the Seafood Omu-Rice but changed my mind at the last minute because of the gigantic proportions of this dish. Well, almost everything is served in gigantic portions in this semi-fast food place. I say semi because they prepare your food after you order. Then, they give you these black disks (just like at the tea shop at Landmark) that buzz and light up when your order is ready. Expect to wait around 5-10 minutes for your order to be served.

Here’s a quick look at the food display:

kim n chi food display, 240baon

Sorry, no close-ups as I was too lazy to get up from my seat. If you think that that’s just advertising, think again. Wait until you see your actual order.

Speaking of orders, here’s ours:

26112011659
MB’s Seafood Ramyon (Php119)
26112011660
My Beef Stew Bento (Php119)
I ordered the same thing again. I was really hungry and I wanted to be sure of my food.

Let’s tackle MB’s Seafood Ramyon first. You must know that MB is not a huge fan of noodles. I am the noodle freak so I was surprised that he ordered this. The soup is wonderful. The flavor of the seafood (without the langsa) was great. The sweetness of the seafood combined with the spices make this a very hearty dish. You can choose between Mild and Spicy. I told MB to order mild because spicy Korean noodle dishes tend to conflict with our digestive systems. MB finished the soup to the last drop. The noodles are firm, which is number one on my noodle checklist. The seafood was glorious! 4 pieces of shrimps, tons of mussels and squid! All that for only Php119 pesos! This is truly a super sulit dish.

Now while I only have praises for the Ramyon, I have mixed feelings about my bento. The beef stew was good although the first one I tasted was better. The first one also had more beef in it and the meat was more tender. This serving had a lot of litid in it. I gave up on the big portion as it was tough to separate the meat from the litid. The side dishes (egg roll and kani on sticks) were still bad. They are cold and bland. The extra soup tasted like water. The beansprouts were better the first time around. The chapchae was worse. It was ok the  first time we ate there. Nothing special but for it to be served cold, well….. The dilis was still delicious. I think this serving is better than the first one because the first bento was too overwhelming. There was so much going on that I don’t know where to start. The portions are smaller which is good because it encourages healthy eating and allows the customer to finish his/her order. For Php119, this is also another sulit dish.

Will we come back to Kim N’ Chi? Sure! We still have to conquer the Omu-Rice dishes!

Comments

  1. i'd love to try this sis! thanks for sharing and happy birthday MB! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! And MB says thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment