Tao Kae Noi

tao kai noi, 240baon

Once in a while, I get hit by a craving for Japanese snacks. Nori or seaweed is one of those snacks that I crave for every now and then. Japanese stores usually carry big bags of nori. I don’t buy them because the problem with nori is, once you open the bag, the nori slowly loses its crunch. Plus, one big bag of nori isn’t exactly cheap.

Tao Kae Noi is a nori snack made in Thailand. The maker actually has a very interesting story behind him. Tao Kae Noi is the brainchild of a young Thai billionaire. It’s a very long story that can wait for another time. Anyway, this product is really good. If you like seaweed, you will definitely like Tao Kae Noi. It’s crunchy, seasoned just right and one bag fills you up. Actually, I couldn't finish one bag. I kept looking for rice every time I bit into a piece. I think this snack would go well as a rice topping aside from a snack. One bag is Php42 and available in most supermarkets.

Comments