A Sweet Valentine’s Surprise

In all the years that we’ve been together, my husband and I have never celebrated Valentine’s Day. Sure, we greet each other a Happy Heart’s Day but that’s it. We actually talk and tease each other about pretend cheesy dates on V day.

MB had trouble getting a cab on the morning of V Day so he went back home and took the car to drive to work. I assumed that he would arrive home early because he got the car so I got a little concerned when he was running late. I texted him and he said that he was near. He was really late that night and when he opened the door to our room, he was smiling so big and showed me his other hand which was holding a box of this:

mango bravo, 240baon

Yes, this is Mango Bravo from Contis. This is our favorite cake there. He greeted me again, kissed me and handed me the box. Turns out, he called Contis to reserve a box and went to Greenbelt to pick it up when he got out of the office. There was a long line in spite of the reservation and that resulted to his being late.
It was one of the sweetest things he’s ever done for me. You see, I have a very introverted husband and he doesn’t talk much and as with most men, he sucks at gift giving. He’s just clueless as what to give me on special occasions. The mere fact that he called to reserve a box was a huge shock to me. I’m glad that he decided to get something that both of us love.

He also brought home a pack of chocolate hearts:

heart chocolates, 240baon

These were from the office and whenever he gets chocolates from the office, he always brings them home as pasalubong for me. These were too sweet for me though.

For dinner, I made meatballs in cream sauce.

meatballs in cream sauce, 240baon


I bought a tray of pork meatballs from my butcher at Landmark (Jupiter). I love eating meatballs but I have no patience to prepare them. This was perfect for me as all I needed to do was fry them. I wasn’t expecting much with this because of the prepared Bulgogi from Jupiter but I was really surprised. This was really good! It was a bit sweet and it did not have that pork/gamey taste. I love it and as a matter of fact, I bought another tray on our last grocery trip. I also added some carrots, celery and mushrooms to the dish.

I can truly say that it was a perfect Valentine at home spent with my husband.

Comments