Corned Beef and Veggies

One Sunday MB and I ate some pho for a late lunch. When we got home, we took a nap and woke up at 6 pm. MB was already hungry so I needed to cook something fast. I didn’t’ want to order take away as I try my best to feed MB my home cooked meals whenever he’s at home. We haven’t done our groceries yet so I was left with a few ingredients in the ref and the cupboard. I ended up with this:

corned beef and veggies, 240baon 

This is canned corned beef with squash and eggplants. I also put some soup as MB likes a hearty dish. I was surprised that this dish was very flavorful. I used Purefoods Corned Beef, by the way. I just sauteed some garlic, onions and tomatoes then fried the corned beef until they were a bit crispy then added the rest of the ingredients. I added liquid bit by bit to avoid making the corned beef too mushy. MB was supposed to bring the leftovers for his office lunch but he accidentally dropped the bowl so the cats enjoyed the leftovers. = )

This is a good quick meal and kids will probably eat this as it contains corned beef. Mash the squash into their rice so that they will eat the vegetables.

Comments