Beef with Mongolian Sauce

beef with mongolian sauce, 240baon

This is an old recipe of mine but I tweaked it just a little bit. I first seasoned the beef (stroganoff cut) with salt and pepper and dredged them in cornstarch then flashed fried them.

In a bowl, I mixed together light soy sauce, hoisin sauce and honey. I then sauteed some garlic, ginger, leeks and red bell peppers. I added the sauce. Once the sauce thickened, I turned off the heat and poured it onto the beef. This was so delicious! Next time I will add chili powder to the sauce and sprinkle everything with toasted sesame seeds.

My husband cooked some vegetable soup and he served that with this beef dish.

eggplant, squash and malunggay soup, 240baonn

This is just a simple soup made with eggplants, squash, malunggay (moringa) and chicken broth. It was hearty and healthy!

Comments