Quick and Easy Beef with Broccoli

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I like beef with broccoli but it seems I can never cook a decent tasting one until this recipe. The secret is in the cooking wine.


beef with broccoli


Ingredients


Beef – I use these chopped up beef because one, they are cheap and two, my son is able to eat the tiny pieces.
Broccoli
Cooking wine
Light soy sauce
Oyster sauce
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Sugar
Onions
Ginger
Cornstarch

Let’s Cook!

I always wash the meat first because I want to get rid of the gamey taste as much as I can. Drain. In a bowl, combine the beef, light soy sauce,  cooking wine ( I used Chinese cooking wine), pepper, garlic powder, sugar and cornstarch. Mix well and set aside. Let the meat marinate for 10 minutes or so.

Meanwhile, cut the broccoli, onions and ginger.

In a pan, heat some oil and fry the beef pieces in high heat.  Reserve the marinade. Remember not to overcook. Set aside. In the same pan, add some more oil (if lacking) and cook the onions and ginger. When the onions are wilted, add the broccoli. When the broccoli is almost cooked, add the beef and cook for a minute. Add the marinade and simmer then add the oyster sauce. Let cook until the sauce thickens up. Serve with rice.

This was delicious! My son also liked it. I featured it in one of our toddler plates. Check it out!

Comments