Breakfast Muffins

These are called The King’s Cheese Crowns but they did not come up like crowns because I have an oven issue. It’s also a bit dry as I used fresh milk instead of buttermilk. Buttermilk is hard to find in Manila. It also uses sunflower oil but I used canola oil instead. Again, shortage problem.

IMG_0541

This was okay but next time, I will add more milk and sugar. I just wanted that sweet muffin taste. This is a savory muffin.

This is the original recipe taken from my Little Princesses’ Book of Baking which is a kid’s cook book.

Ingredients

2 1/4c all purpose flour
1T baking powder
1t sugar
1/2 salt
1c strong cheddar cheese, grated
110g chopped cooked ham
90g red peppers in oil, drained and chopped
2 eggs
200 ml buttermilk
90 ml sunflower oil

Let’s cook!

Heat the oven to 190 C. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin.

Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar, salt, ham, peppers and 3 quarters of the cheese. Beat together the eggs, buttermilk and oil and pour into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. The mixture will be lumpy.

Spoon into the tins and sprinkle the tops with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Serve warm.

I served this with some melon shake and we had a very filling breakfast.

Feel free to Pin this on your board for reference.

breakfast muffins

Comments