Those Not So Stellar Meals and More

So, I’m not a great cook. I cook at home and that’s it. I have no formal training. I learned from my grandma and my sister and from watching countless hours of cooking and food shows. Thus, I am prone to many cooking mistakes. Here are some of them.

IMG_1991


I tried making embutido but failed. It did not hold its shape and the taste was so-so.

IMG_1992


My husband said that it was okay though and even brought the leftovers for lunch the following day.

IMG_2053

Lumpia is another one of those dishes that I sometimes get right and sometimes don’t. The problem with this batch was the wrapper. The taste was great though!

IMG_2050

This was an okay side dish. It has mushrooms, snap peas and oyster sauce.

IMG_2057


This spread, on the other hand, was spectacular. We had daing na bangus, some rice, soy-calamansi dip, tomato and cucumber salad and some pears.

The thing I’ve learned about cooking is that I shouldn’t be scared to try new things, to get out of my comfort zone and to always have a Plan B should my experiment fail. We can always open a can of corned beef if all else fails.

Comments