Chicken and Waffles



Warning: This meal is not for busy mornings. Save it for lazy weekend mornings when you have the luxury of time to prep and cook.

I've always liked chicken and waffles for breakfast. I just don't like preparing waffles. My sister got a waffle maker so that kinda pushed me in that direction. I tried making this recipe and it was a hit! My son and husband loved it!



This is my son's plate which he demolished. 




I prepared extra chicken just in case anybody wants more (ehem..). We had a lot of leftover chicken which we ate for lunch the next day.

You wanna try this?

You need

Chicken 

1/4 kilo chicken breast fillets, cut into strips ( you can use thigh )
milk
S&P
all purpose flour
eggs, beaten
breadcrumbs ( I used panko)

Waffles

egg
2T vegetable oil
3/4c milk
1 250-gram pancake mix
maple syrup and butter to serve

Let's do this!

Let's tackle the chicken first. Season with salt and pepper and marinate in milk. Cover the bowl and stick it in the fridge for 20 minutes.

While that's marinating, prepare the waffle batter. Combine egg, oil and milk in a bowl. Mix well. Add the pancake mix and stir just to combine. The mixture should be lumpy so don't over mix. This is like cake batter, people!

Prepare the chicken breading - one bowl each for the APF, eggs and breadcrumbs. Dredge the chicken strips in flour then dip in the egg and coat with breadcrumbs. Fry in oil. 

As for the waffles, use about 1/4 cup for each waffle. Read the directions of your waffle maker to be sure. 

Serve with maple syrup and butter. Enjoy!











Comments