Homemade Skinless Longganisa

I have a confession. I stayed away from longganisa for many years after a high school experiment that involved pig intestines. I will spare you the disgusting details but it was so gross that I became disgusted with skinned longganisa.

After many years, I was finally able to enjoy longganisa again. I just peel off the casing. McDonald's breakfast longganisa works for me because it is skinless. I've been looking for a good longganisa brand in the supermarket but I haven't found the right one yet. They are either too sour or too spicy. Not good for my toddler.

Fortunately, I stumbled upon a homemade skinless longganisa recipe. And I will share it with you today.

Don't be scared. It's super easy to make.



You need

1 kilo ground pork
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon rock salt 
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper


Let's Cook!

Mix all the ingredients together. Set aside in the ref for an hour. You can roll them up into little logs and wrap them in wax paper. Keep in the freezer for 3 hours or until you are ready to use them. Unwrap and fry in oil. 

I skipped the rolling and wrapping part. After chilling out in the fridge for an hour, I rolled them into logs and fried them up. They were delicious! This is a cheap but very delicious alternative to store-bought longganisa (in my opinion). It's also preservative-free. I can feed it to my son without worries. Try this and I promise, you will make your own longganisa for the rest of your life. 



Comments