My Saucy Kangkong in Oyster Sauce



It wasn't my intention to make the kangkong swim in a ton of sauce. I made the dish too salty that is why I added water.

I was really surprised with this dish. I was craving for some kangkong and thought I'd cooked them this way. My son is becoming picky with his food so I wasn't betting that he would like this. Well, surprise, surprise! He loved it! He ate a lot for lunch. We just ate this with rice and that's it. I think it's the sauce. Anyway, if you'd like to try this, read on.

You need:

a bunch of kangkong
oyster sauce
garlic
1/2 beef cube
water
cornstarch dissolved in water
oil

Let's do this!

This is a bit tricky at first but with practice, you'll perfect it. Brown the garlic bits in oil. Be careful not to burn them as they will become bitter. Remove from pan and set aside. Put the prepared kangkong (stalks chopped and leaves separated) in the same pan. Add some more oil if needed. Add the beef cube.  Cook the kangkong until wilted. Add the oyster sauce and about 1/4 c water. Let this simmer. Add the cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce. Serve with rice. This is an excellent side dish for fried fish, sweet and sour shrimps, lechon kawali and other fried dishes. 


Comments