Salt and Pepper Pork

I like salt and pepper dishes because they are simple to prepare yet taste phenomenal. I tried it with some pork menudo cut and I ended up with this:





By the way, menudo is a local dish that uses small cuts of pork.

You need:

small cuts of pork
Chinese cooking wine
salt 
sesame oil
flour
cornstarch
pepper
water
green chilies 
garlic

Let's do this!

First, let's prepare the marinade. In a bowl, combine the Chinese cooking wine, salt and sesame oil. Marinate the pork for at least 15 minutes. 

Prepare the coating in another bowl. Combine flour, cornstarch and about a tablespoon or two of water until you get a slurry. Coat the pork with this mixture. Fry in oil. Set aside.

In another pan, add some oil and cook the garlic for about 30 seconds. Add the cut chilies and pork. Mix well. Transfer to a bowl and add some more salt and pepper. 

I did some digging in the fridge and found a lonely eggplant so I fried it too:




Comments