The Best Beef Stew I Have Ever Cooked

I suck at making dishes that require a long time to cook mainly because I don't have the patience for it. But, one day, I was craving for beef stew and I knew I had to suck it up and cook if I wanted to satisfy my craving. The result was the best beef stew I have ever cooked.





It looks really soupy in the photo. That's because my son and husband love soup so I tend to add more water or stock. But trust me, the beef is there.

I have to admit that I did some cheats in this recipe. I chose smaller cuts of beef so that they would cook faster. I also used beef cubes to enhance the flavor of the beef.

So, without further ado, let's cook!

You need:


beef, cut into cubes
carrots
potatoes
celery
Spanish paprika
2 dried bay leaves
1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 2 tablespoons water
garlic
onions
beef broth or beef cubes
salt and pepper
oil

Let's do  this!


In a pan, saute the garlic and onions. Add the beef and bay leaves. Season with Spanish paprika. Let the beef brown. 

Pour the broth or in my case, I poured about 3 cups of water and 2 beef cubes. Let the cubes dissolve while the water boils. Reduce to simmer. Wait for the beef to soften. Check every once in a while to see if there's still enough broth/water. 

Add the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Wait for the veggies to cook.

Pour the cornstarch mixture. Stir and serve with rice!


This was absolutely delicious! My husband couldn't get enough of it. He brought it for baon for 3 days and at night, he would still ask for it. My son also ate a lot whenever I would serve the leftovers. I will definitely cook this again. And my total cooking time? Less than an hour since I used smaller cuts of beef. 


Comments