Crab Fried Rice



My version looks really lame but I have a good explanation for it. This would have been way better with the addition of chili oil, you know, the ones you put in your siomai. But, that's too spicy for my little boy so I omitted it.

If you want a child-friendly version of crab fried rice, here it is.

You need:

oil
minced ginger
minced garlic
rice
white pepper 
fish sauce
soy sauce
Chinese cooking wine
salt
beaten eggs, about 2 
cooked crab meat
chopped spring onions (I was out so this version did not have it)

I also served it with some vegetarian chicharon and calamansi.

Let's do this!

Heat the oil in a pan. Saute the ginger first and then add the garlic. Add the cooked rice and mix well. 

Season with white pepper, fish sauce, soy sauce, cooking wine and salt. Mix well.

Spread the rice evenly on the pan and add the beaten eggs. Stir until all the rice is incorporated. Add the crabs and then the spring onions. Mix well. 

Serve with some chili oil for a grown up version. You should also serve this with a sweet, cold beverage for maximum enjoyment. 

Comments